Moving Do’s and Don’ts to Keep In Mind
Moving can be either a great and exciting time or a horribly stressful one. There are plenty of moving Do’s and moving Don’ts that you should be aware of.
- Do: Pack Ahead of Time — Give yourself plenty of time to pack before the big day. Hopefully you’re aware your going to move months before you relocate, but even packing a few weeks ahead of time can help guarantee you have an easy and successful move. When you are packing, it’s recommended to start with the kitchen since it’s usually the room with the most items.
- Don’t: Procrastinate — The quickest way to have a bad time on moving day is to also have it be packing day. No matter where you’re moving, relocating anywhere is a major life event. Don’t put any more pressure on yourself by waiting until the last possible second to pack all your belongings. If you procrastinate rather than pack, you’re going to have serious problems.
- Do: Work With Professional Local Movers — Contacting a moving company ahead of time hiring local movers is a great way to ensure a easy move. No matter how many moving day tips you implement, working with experienced and professional movers is your best bet.
- Don’t: Ask All of Your Friends to Help — Maybe one or two of your closest and most reliable friends can come over and help pack, but having 10 of your college buddies coming over on moving day can lead to a disaster. They’ll break stuff, lose boxes, and probably only care about the refrigerator.
- Do: Plan Out Everything — From the moment you decide you’re going to move, the most important aspect of your life becomes planning out every single detail of what’s to come. Plan what you’re going to do in the weeks before the move, plan exactly what needs to be done the day of the move, and what you’re going to need to do in the days, weeks, and months following the move.
- Don’t: Stress Out — Again, moving anywhere during any point of your life can be stressful. That’s why you have to do everything in your power to not stress yourself out any more.
Think about how much better your moving day will be if you focus on all the Do’s and not on the Don’ts. Rather than making stressful mistakes, pack ahead of time, work with local movers, and plan out everything.